Image Map

12.03.2014

norwich


per the usual, all pictures of me by the lovely jess

Norwich is one of England's best kept secrets. I'd never really heard much about it until Jess mentioned she had some friends there and it was such a cute little town so we had to visit. But those who call Norwich home know how perfect it is. It's even a common getaway for a handful of celebrities (Brendan Coyle has been spotted strolling down the streets) and the home of Hugh Jackman's favourite pub. It's known as the "city of literature," which is fitting because you wouldn't believe how many bookshops there are. Wow. And they're all so adorable and tiny and filled with crooked staircases and ancient books. But I also think Norwich should be called the city of colour, because oh my! How bright and beautiful it is with the colored buildings and bright streets and interesting little quirks (like that building up there covered in words and a gorgeous antique store inside of an old church and the crumpet truck). We spent four days seeing the town, running from the rain, having creative brainstorms over coffee in The Little Red Roaster, exploring the massive cathedral, staying with some fantastic people who made our visit oh-so-wonderful, shooting portraits, going out for tea and peanut butter brownies with clotted cream, walking by the river, shopping in outdoor markets, frolicking in fields, and relishing in the quaint Britishness of this little city. It's quiet and relaxing, yet full of life and adventure. The friends we stayed with were loads of fun and made us feel right at home. And it felt so natural to be at home in Norwich. It's just that kind of place.

Norwich, you're so bright and happy and I miss you.

10 comments:

  1. Norwich looks so beautiful! I love the picture of you with the teacup-so cute! It looks Jane Austen-ish. :) And the background is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! And I forgot to mention the tiny little blue door....adorable!!

      Delete
  2. okay, first of all that photo of coffee is actual perfection. and i'm pretty sure norwich is stealing my heart before we've met.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohmydeargraciousheavens....Norwich looks wonderful. The Beatrix Potter books stole my heart...so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These photos are gorgeous. Especially #4 and #11 :) I'd love to visit Norwich someday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And oh my gosh, that building painted with words is incredible.

      Delete
  5. THE PERFECTION IS KILLING ME. I'm gonna move there someday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously. I'm dying right now. I want to move there. x)

    ReplyDelete
  7. BAKEWELL TEA! AND BROWNIES! AHHHHH! love all these pictures so much puuurrty (especially the ones of me, coz I'm just stunning + beautiful + wowgosh how do I do it). XD

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely photos! :) I was wondering if you knew if the building covered in words made sentences or were just random words?

    PS. Cheery space you have here! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are the sugar to my iced tea. Which means they make my day.