Image Map

11.20.2015

TRAVELS: WALES


what you should know before going to Wales:

1. Vowels are optional in the Welsh alphabet, so don't expect to be able to pronounce anything.
2. Don't be surprised to discover ancient castles or ruins around every corner. No, really, it's totally normal.
3. The mountains in Wales have the ability to render you speechless and weak in the knees. Safety measures must be taken.

Last month, Jess + her mum + I escaped to the adorable country of Wales for a few days. We stayed in the cutest little cottage in the small village of Conwy and spent our time exploring castles, climbing mountains, and sipping coffee. This was my first time to Wales, and oh me oh my, it stole my heart. For one thing, I love mountains already (Colorado hollaaaa), but Welsh mountains are certainly something to behold. Wow. When we weren't on a mountain, we were having fish + chips by the sea and walking the castle walls and making friends with a sweet lady who worked in a bakery. We found colorful streets and hidden waterfalls and fairy forests and ancient ruins. In the evenings, we snuggled in our cottage and watched Jane Eyre and had tea and sweets by the fire.

The day we arrived, Jess and I took a train up Mount Snowdon (I cannot recommend this highly enough!). The summit view was magnificent. I know it's been said many times before, but it is astounding to me that God would make the world so beautiful. He didn't have to. He didn't need to. He could have made the world like a little gray piece of paper. But He didn't, and we just get to enjoy it and marvel at the magnitude of His design. If this little holiday taught me anything, it was Jesus is simply too good to us.

Wales, you were lovely and I miss you.



mind the gap channel
 | instagram | facebook | pinterest

12 comments:

  1. OH HEY IT'S WALES. GOOD THING YOU HAD ME AND MY FEARLESS BRAVERY TO KEEP YOU SAFE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is way too gorgeous! My dad's side of the family is from Wales (he was born there) and I've always wanted to go and visit... you just broke my heart with wanderlust, so thanks for that! :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm dying. The mountains, the little villages......gah.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wales looks phenomenal! Those mountains...stunning! Gah, I just want to go there so much! Beautiful photos, as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aghh! gorgeous photos and amazing scenery!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is why I want to move to Wales.. simply exquisite!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think a little part of me just died. I would love to see those mountains. (Reading Wuthering Heights at the moment certainly isn't helping... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh man. I totally want to live in that house with the blue door. AMAZING. And who just has a castle down their street?! Totally cool. So Hallie loves castles, and by loves I mean OBSESSED! Like for real, asks us to draw them all the time, builds them with blocks. Her life revolves around castles and mermaids. I know weird combo. Maybe you could email me a picture of one of those gorgeous castes so i could print it off for her. It would literally make her day, her week, her month...her LIFE! ha. I loved this blog! I'm living vicariously through your pics. LOVE YOU! Enjoy the rest of your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhhh, this is soooo beautiful!!! -sob- I want to go to Wales!
    The photos of the mountains the castle, especially....incredibly beyond the words. I can't imagine the thrill you must have felt seeing all that in real life!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those pictures are BREATHTAKING! My favorites are the one with colorful buildings, the one of the red + blue door, and that waterfall. Oh, my heart. So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are the sugar to my iced tea. Which means they make my day.